Crusader Kings II
Can you also give details of your Mac hardware? The requirements list ATI and Nvidia graphics cards so the game may not work on Macs running Intel graphics chips.
My Mac has a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 OSX 10.6.8
This is the error message that displays when I try to launch game:
You have Mac OS X 10.6.8. The application requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
This appears to be be happening to everyone running 10.6.8
This is the reply from Paradox in Crusaders Kings 2 forum:
The launcher is the culprit. We've made an update and are currently pushing it to steam and gg.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
We are all hoping that the patch has been sent to Gamers Gate and a new launcher will be released.
Thanks you for your help
I have this problem also - have put a ticket in.
It's also been noted here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2722885
I have a temporary fix but it's a pain in the ass. You need to have admin rights.
1) Open up the installer... note the "contents" folder sitting below the "CrusaderKings2.app" and "Applications" icons?
2) open the "Contents" folder and navigate to "game"
3) select all the contents of that folder and Command+C to Copy
4) Right click on the "CrusaderKings2.app" that you have installed in your "Applications" folder (or wherever you put it)
5) select "Show Package Contents" and navigate through the folder to "Contents/game"
6) Command+V paste contents into this directory - you will need to type in your admin password.
7) now run the game from "ck2.app"
I think the main problem is that they have compiled it to run as 10.7 only... if you look in the "Info.plist" file it has been set as the minimum.
Thanks, I already have the ck2.app and I can run the game but the problem is I have flickering shields, towns, map borders etc. I am hoping that once they fix the launcher it will also fix the flickering graphics.
It may be wishful thinking but I hope that they are able to fix this issue. It's not just the $40 dollars that I spent but now I am leery of buying any other MAC port from Paradox.
I was using the wine version as well. It didn't have any flickering graphics but it kept crashing instead.
OK. I haven't tried it but I was reading about flickering on WineHQ. SO when is this new launcher going to show up? Haven't had any response from GG yet.
Well there is a patch tonight. It allows the program to launch but flickering graphics are very unappealing
Answer this question
You need to be logged in to be a GameTutor